Pencilmation #30 Pencilmation #30

Dueling pencils! I love that! Something I hope to see a little more of. However, I felt overall it was a little weaker than previous entries; not sure exactly why. Maybe because it was shorter than usual, or the gags weren't just as funny. Still a cool job nonetheless.

PKMN: World of Chaos EP 6 PKMN: World of Chaos EP 6

Exemplerary.

The visuals in this episode are a definite step up from previous episodes, including the splendid use of 3D effects.

I've only a few problems, mostly concerning the battle sequences. One, none of the dynamic text boxes have the Pokemon text font, a problem I've certainly had concerning interactive Flash development. You'll need to embed the fonts for every text box you use (at least, in my experience) or at the very least tell people what font you used so they can install it on their machines.

Second is how the announcement of Pokemon attacks comes after the attack animation. I can only assume this is a side-effect of the interactive battles, but I hope you find a way to put it before the animation (perhaps display it while the animation is playing).

Third is the text-advance button. While I'm fairly sure this was changed from using the spacebar due to public demand, the resulting button has an irregular "hit box" (for lack of a better term), making it somewhat annoying to click. If you don't want a visible rectangle around the symbol, setting its alpha to 1% should take care of that.

These are fairly minor gripes, though. Overall, this is an excellent work, and your Daily 3rd is well-deserved.

teejay-number13 responds:

The font I'm using is called Agency FB and it was on the list of universal web fonts, which is why I picked it. I tried to model the battles after the games and it tells you the attacks after they're used, plus it helps with the battle flow control. I switched to click the button to advance instead of space bar because in the interactive battles, each time you clicked a button to use an attack. You would have to click on the stage again to use the space bar. This wasn't a problem with code, just seems to be something flash does.

Mario's Castle Calamity 2 Mario's Castle Calamity 2

Pretty good...

It's good and funny, but compared to the original it sorta pales.

Apollo Injustice Apollo Injustice

HAH!

When I saw Ema talking like Grover, I cracked up! Excellent work!

Super Mario bros Z ep.7 Super Mario bros Z ep.7

Without a doubt...

This is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I loved watching the scenes in the Minus World. Certainly well worth the wait!

Super Smash bros ST 5 Super Smash bros ST 5

Excellent!

The new Brawl-style percentage counters I thought were a big improvement over the Melee versions since I was able to keep better track of who's who. I also loved how you used Brawl's "Boss Battle Stage 2" song, one of my favorites in the game. However, when Yoshi and Link were KOed, you should have removed their damage totals instead of leaving them there. That's my only complaint though. This movie earned the Daily 2nd. Keep it up!

Clock Crew : The Burning Clock Crew : The Burning

Uh...

Your animation style is great, but I sorta had a hard time following the plot. May be my lack of knowledge in Clock affairs (I'm more of a Lock guy myself), but either way I'm still not sure what exactly happened around the middle.

InsulinpumpClock responds:

"A lock guy?" ha ha. I think most of the Lock legion joined the clock crew and they rarely do any flash there either. Clock affairs are often lock affairs if we are talking about drama. Their history in flash is also often intertwined which is really what gave any of the CC bootlegs attention to begin with. You know, when a clock makes a flash about Lock Legion it often adds character to their history something I really have never seen Locks accomplish as a group. But you are probably thinking of some lock legion video game parodies anyway.

Super smash bros ST 4 Super smash bros ST 4

Very well done.

This one fixes up several of the flaws of the previous entries in this series, including the text. However, my primary problem was the icons during the battle scene, which I thought were a bit... confusing. I understand the reference, but I'm not a big fan of the gradient. They can be different colors, and it was hard to tell which of the Smash Bros icons was Master Hand or Crazy Hand. There's a similar concern with a few of the other characters, such as Mario and Bowser, who both have the mushroom icon (or at least should, I wasn't paying attention at that respect). I suggest using a solid fill on those icons in the next installment of this series or using stock icons like in the games to help tell them apart should you continue to use this same battle display in later episodes.

Hendertaker responds:

i toght about that when i maid this but its sure easy to know wich one is wich
because master hadn is the one with less hp
and mario apears before bowser and he takes damage before bowser so it easy to know and yeah this battle display is awsome

My New Grounds My New Grounds

*still laughing*

Oh it was SO worth the long load time, that's all I can think to say.

Shadow's Complaints Shadow's Complaints

I find it now

OK, let's see, this movie was posted on September 20th. Sonic was announced to join Brawl in the Dojo on October 10th. So I'll let that slide.

It was interesting to watch at first, but it got old fast, especially the fanboy bit. And Cream getting creamed by the dino I didn't find as amusing, but probably because there wasn't the build up there was in Advance Crackups. The dialouge was funny and I think you did the voice of Wario very well. Overall, it's pretty good, although I think it could be better.